Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Follow Up

Earlier today I did a post about Rush of Fools appearing on The 700 Club. Well, they posted the video of it on their myspace page so if you'd like to see it click Rush of Fools video. Wes is the one with spikey hair and wearing a tie. The other guy is Kevin. This is great, now I don't have to find the show and watch it on TV tonight!

Now I'd like to tell the rest of the dog story that I started a while back. If you need the background on this go to Part 1 or Part 2 to read previous posts. To shorten the whole story, our neighbor's dog was climbing the fence and always staying in our backyard with our dogs. But finally, their dog started not only coming into our yard, but it started getting out into the neighborhood and running around. The neighbors had told us they would get rid of the dog since it wouldn't stay in their fenced yard, but they never got rid of it. Instead, they brought home a second outside dog, I guess in hopes that it would give Betsy some company. That idea didn't work and Betsy was running all over the neighborhood and finally started frightening children and acting like she might bite them. It was at that point that my husband felt he had to take matters into his own hands and he called the dog catchers and had them come out and pick up the dog. Since then, we have never seen the dog again and our neighbors haven't spoken to us. I felt really bad about it, but we couldn't stand by and take the chance that the dog might hurt some children. We saw our own son get attacked by a Rottweiller when he was eight years old. It was a horrible experience and that is why I have had a fear of that breed dog.

So, now you know the rest of the story. The End.

5 comments:

Holly said...

well i think you did the right thing. you asked them politely to do something about it since the dog was coming into your yard. i wish they could have found the dog a good home and that would have solved it. i hope he gets adopted so they dont put him to sleep :( today was so crappy. sorry you get caught in the middle of my hormones!!im not frustrated at you, im frustrated at the ones who take advantage and the fact i had not eaten in a while did not help!

Nina said...

Hey Kathy,
This is in response to your comment about statcounter on my blog.... I'm like you, I've never given the name of my city on my blog, just my state, but since I've had a statcounter almost ever since I started blogging, I figure that info is showing up on others statcounters when I visit their blogs. But I just HAVE to know for sure... so would you do me a favor and e-mail me, letting me know where it shows I'm from, when you look at where your visitors are? Thanks! Nina

Amel said...

I also think you did the right think, Kathy. Esp. since you had such a terrifying experience with your son when he was young.

Amel said...

Forgot to add: I hope later on your neighbours will talk to you again. I know it's awkward not to be on speaking terms with your next-door neighbour.

Sindi said...

Kat,
Please don't feel bad about the dog and tell your husband not to fell bad either. I am an animal lover but I believe children come first. If the dog was being aggressive, then maybe you guys just saved a child from going through what your son went through. If people want to have pets they need to be responsible enough to take care of those pets. God Bless and Stay Happy:)