Monday, December 17, 2007

What Are You Looking For?

I was on my way to work the other day when I saw a sign that really said something to me. The sign said this...

"What you see depends mainly on what you look for."

The reason this sign made me start thinking so hard was because there is someone in my life who I feel has done me and others wrong at times. Now, it seems like I'm always looking for the faults in this person and trying to keep count of all the wrong things she does. When I read that sign I realized that I can find fault so easily with this person because that's what I'm looking for. I need to change this bad attitude and start looking for the good things in this person and I imagine that I'll start finding some different things. This will take some effort on my part and it won't be easy to change my bad habit.

I'm thankful that God doesn't look for my faults because if He did, he would find way too many to name. When God looks at me, he doesn't see my sins and my faults. He sees an unblemished life and a clean heart, not because of anything I've done, but because I have been purified through the blood of Jesus.


But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

8 comments:

Cliff said...

Kathy: That was an excellent post. We need to put on blood colored glasses when we look at others.

Jesus said to forgive our brother seventy times seven. If we are keeping score then we haven't forgiven them.

bp said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. This is one thing I need to work on as well.

Kay Day said...

very cool how God speaks to us. Using a sign along the way. I love that!

matt said...

You're always an inspiration Kathy.

Amel said...

GREAT reminder, Kathy! It's VERY true that it all depends on what we're looking for he he he he...

Pilgrim said...

Awesome Kathy. It's so simple isn't it.

Stylin said...

Hi Kathy,
I do that all the time.I have a great memory and alwys remember the wrong!

stacys1175 said...

Kathy, I can really understand where you are coming from my cousin had stolen checks from me and then wrote bad checks in my name it was bad. but I turned her in to the police and she got in troble for it. But to this day everytime I think about her or see her I have very bad thoughts. I also want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. hugs to you :)