Saturday, December 15, 2007

Plans Change

This has been such a crazy week with so many unplanned things happening. I've had to be very flexible as plans changed. Even with all that, it's been a good week and I enjoyed the things I did, but I am really tired today. After the band guys left this morning, I realized that my computer had become infected with some kind of virus, so I spent a lot of time on the phone with a computer guy this afternoon. Thankfully, he was able to get it fixed. I tried shopping some today also, but my feet got really tired and then it started raining so I just came home. I still have some shopping to do but I know it'll get done. I'm not stressing over it.

Do you ever have one special gift that you can hardly wait to give someone at Christmas? I'll have gifts for my husband, my kids, our parents and some extended family gifts. But the one this year that is really special and I can hardly wait to give is the one for my mother. I won't say just yet what the gift is, just in case she happens to read my blog. I don't think she reads it, but I will wait until after Christmas to say what the gift is. I hope that she will like it and that it'll mean as much to her as it does to me. Do you have one of those special kind of gifts for someone this year? I would love to hear about the special gifts you are giving and any stories about why it is so special.

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! 2 Corinthians 9:15

10 comments:

Amel said...

Uhhhh...sorry about the virus. It IS annoying. Gladly the computer guy could help you out! ;-D

I'm done shopping since I don't have too many gifts to give. One gift I can hardly wait to give is the photo album I created for my mother-in-law. I TRULY hope she'll like it. I picked the pics myself and I even arranged the template myself (well, there were a few template options I could pick).

Why is it special? Because in the album I put her flower pics, too (the best pics I have, at least in my opinion) he he he he...And I also put pics of her loved ones.

And I also can't wait for my hubby to try on the new pair of jeans I bought him he he he he...I TRULY hope they fit well and that he likes them. He doesn't like jeans that have wide legs. And as you know, jeans' size vary depending on brands...so I'm REALLY hoping they fit well. :-))) Why is this special? It's just because he doesn't know what's in the package and this is my first Christmas here with him. :-))))

Kathy said...

Hi Amel! Thanks so much for sharing that with you. I know that your mother-in-law will love the photo album. I think things that we make ourselves are the most special gifts because we put part of ourselves into them. My special gift I referred to is also something I made myself.

Kathy said...

oops, I meant thanks for sharing that with "me"!

Juliana said...

Hi Kathy,

I want to introduce my son, Jason. Click here

^_^;;

Sandi said...

I too have 2 gifts I can't wait to give. One is this past year my dad's dog past away. When I took their new kittens to the vet the vet gave me an imprint of the dogs paw they made. I baked it so it would harden and tied a ribbon to it. My dad talks daily how much he misses his dog. The other gift is to my hubby but I can't share because sometimes he reads blogs. I don't think he reads comments but I want to remain safe.
Just think how excited we are to give this gift. God was even more excited to give his gift.

Kathy said...

Hi Sandi, That really will be a special gift for your dad. I know he'll appreciate it so much. You'll have to let me know about your husband's gift after Christmas.
You are right, I know that God was so happy to give us the greatest gift.

Sindi said...

Kat,
You asked for it, so this may get long.HE HE HE HE :) I am so excited this year because of my special gift I am giving. My gift is going out to every member of my family. We do not get to be together for Christ+mas like we use to when my Grandmother was alive. We really don't see each other at all.This gift has everyone in it so everyone will like it.

Anyways, my mother was looking through some old pictures one day. She was complaining about how they are getting ruined. My aunt use to have a lot of the same pictures but hers had also been lost or ruined. That gave me an idea!

I have only had a computer for about 9 months and my friend Michelle told me about making DVDs on here. I took all the pictures that I could find so I could make a DVD.I am going to make enough copies for everyone. I have been really sneaky about getting pictures from some of my family members and I only had to let 2 members know what I was doing. I just know that my aunt and my mom are going to cry.

A lot of the pictures are when they were young and are black and white.There are also ones of my grandmother and grandfather when they were young.I have also added new photos so everyone can see what everyone looks like now. I am adding music to it so they can sit back, watch, listen and enjoy. I have always believed that the best gifts were the ones you make and this year I am going to surprise them all. HE HE HE HE HE

I have so much fun making things at Christ+mas. God Bless and Merry Christ+mas:)

Kathy said...

Sindi, that sounds like a wonderful gift idea! You must have become very good on that computer in such a short time. I have been using one for years and I have no idea how to do all that!

Missy said...

I think my favorite gift to give was to my spouse last Christmas. He has wanted a fiddle/violin for as long as I can remember. I went to our local music store on a whim and they had a used one for a price I could live with. I couldn't wait for Christmas morning!

Amel said...

Hi, Kathy!

I've got an award for you here:

Treasure Award