Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Inside My Thoughts

Since I don't have anything really pressing to write about today, I decided to go ahead and post one I wrote on December 7th, but I never posted it. I was complaining and I guess just getting it all typed out that day helped me to feel better even without posting it. I just found it in my drafts today, so here it is in red print...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Would you like to get a peek inside the mind of Kathy? Well, keep reading and you’ll see a typical “Kathy” thought process…

It’s Friday night and I have to go to a middle school Christmas dance. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. It’s just that, Friday night?! I’m so tired from my work week and I’ve got all my Christmas shopping still ahead of me. But, really, I’m not complaining. I mean, I love my husband, he’s a teacher at that school and he has to chaperone the dance. He’s been working all week, too, so I know he’s tired, but he wants me to come there and be with him at the dance. I should be honored that he wants me there, right? That’s why, I am really not complaining. He’ll be hungry after school and won’t have a chance to get dinner, so it’s very important for me to pick up some food and take it to him, and spend the rest of the evening with him, even if it is 25 miles from home. I mean how could I complain about something so trivial, right? He came to hear me play in the Christmas program last weekend, twice! And he came to the church one of the rehearsal nights to eat dinner with me. He gets my side of the bed all warmed up for me every night before he wakes me up from falling asleep on the couch. But here I am, complaining about having to do this one little thing for him. Yes, that’s right, I don’t want to go to a middle school Christmas dance on a Friday night in December and I'm complaining about it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, I just now remembered that I did post this one on December 7th, for about five minutes. And that was when my husband called me at work and told me that I shouldn't drive to his school for the dance because he was going to be busy anyway monitoring kids and wouldn't have much chance to visit with me. I was so happy that I didn't have to go to that dance!

4 comments:

bp said...

I type what I'm feeling too, just to get it out, sometimes. Then I like to look back and compare how I feel now to then.

Sindi said...

Kat,
Please do not take this the wrong way, but I chuckled as I read this. I am sorry but I could not help it. This is the first time I have ever read that someone acts like me. I always feel so bad when I do it to my hubby. He likes to make it worse by saying something to make me feel bad.

I like to go shopping with my girl friends and not with him. He has no shopping ability at all. When he wants me to go with him I decline and he gets a sad look on his face. He then tells me that I just don't act like I want to spend time with him. Well, then I really feel like an A**. I end up going but I did not really want too. He can be so great and loving all week and I just can't spend that little bit of time with him.

It's Ok because they love us and I know if you are like me, you will make it up to him later. God Bless.

matt said...

Tell your daughter Merry Christmas for me!

Amel said...

He he he...it's an interesting read, Kathy!!! ;-D You've got a very caring hubby! But we're only humans, aren't we? ;-D

Glad you didn't have to go to the dance after all he he he...

By the way, WHEN you have time later, I hope you don't mind doing this tag.

Interview Meme