Saturday, December 1, 2007

Busy Day

It's been a busy Saturday! I've done some shopping with my hubby today and we put up the Christmas tree, then went out again to buy just a few more lights to finish it out. I've done laundry and cleaned house, and now after all that, my mind is mushy. I knew early this morning I should have written my blog while my mind was fresh and I knew what I wanted to say. But it's gone now. Maybe I can try tomorrow morning to write something meaningful. I'll just leave you with a beautiful passage from the Bible and I'll use the King James version for this one because that's the way I originally learned it and no other translation makes it sounds quite as lovely.

Psalm 121
1. I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved; he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5. The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7. The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil; he shall preserve thy soul.
8. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

6 comments:

bp said...

That is one of my favorite passages. It was one read at my grandfather's funeral.

Sandi said...

To me it sounded like a fun day. Love the scripture.

Juliana said...

wow, you really have a busy day, Kathy :)

Over 4 days, we also have our own christmas tree in our livingroom :)

Amel said...

Hi, busy Kathy!!!

It's good to hear you've put up your X-mas tree. We won't do it 'coz we don't have one, but I've seen some people put their X-mas trees outside (well, real X-mas trees in their yard, actually) and at night they look SO lovely with all the lights mmmmm....

LOVE the passage! :-))))

Holly said...

yay! you finally got your tree up! dont you love christmas???

Sindi said...

I put my tree up on Saturday too. I have been busy also. It just seems like this time of year is always so busy. I liked the passages. Have a Blessed Holiday:)