Monday, December 10, 2007

Storms

This morning I heard on the news that there is a snow and ice storm from Texas to Pennsylvania. Every time I hear something like this I immediately look at A Plea for Purging’s schedule to see where they are supposed to be that day. When I heard this report I was hoping with all my heart that they weren’t going to be in the area where the bad weather is. Tonight they are scheduled to be in Abilene, Texas. I’m not sure exactly where the ice begins, but I know there seems to be some in the panhandle part. If I’m reading my map correctly, I think Abilene is south of there so I’m hoping and praying that the guys are not going to be traveling in the icy areas today. Last winter, they were in Amarillo, Texas and Oklahoma at the exact time a horrible storm hit. I try so hard not to worry because I know my worrying won’t accomplish anything. But when I know that my son, my only son, is traveling in possibly hazardous conditions, it does give me the opportunity to completely trust God to take care of him.

Here in Alabama, we are having extremely mild temperatures today – a high of 80. I had to pull out the summer clothes. Are you in any of the areas across the country being affected by this storm? Are you having ice or snow?

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? Psalm 56:3-4

10 comments:

Kay Day said...

We had slick snow Friday and Saturday. It had rained first so was icy under the snow. The roads are melted already, pretty much, though.

Cliff said...

Northeast Ohio checking in. We were supposed to have freezing rain in the Cleveland area, but it never really materialized.

Amel said...

I know what you mean about worrying for your loved ones. I hope everybody'll stay safe. I can't imagine how horrible it must be to face a snow/ice storm.

Sindi said...

Come to my blog and get your The Speader Of Love Award

Juliana said...

In here, we still not have snow. But we still get lots of rains and wind :(

bp said...

I hope they have a safe trip. I went to college in Abilene. :) My husband and I both miss our days there. Where are they playing? God bless your day!

Kathy said...

Kay and 74wixy, sounds like it didn't get too terribly bad for either of you.

Amel, ice can be so hazardous when driving. Thankfully, we don't have much of that around here.

Sindi, Thanks!

Juliana, I don't mind rain, but I can do without wind!

BP, ah, that is so cool! Their schedule says they are playing at the Rose Park Activity Building.

Stylin said...

We will pray that God will protect the boys.
I am in shorts and a tank top!!!

matt said...

I don't think Houston, TX has to worry about ice anytime soon. It's so freakin hot here. I hate it.

Kathy said...

Frasypoo, thanks so much! Yep, it's definitely shorts and tank top weather.

Matt, I know what you mean. I would prefer it to be cold during the Christmas season, too, but I sure don't want the ice.