Saturday, December 29, 2007

Expectations

It seems so long since I've actually written a blog post! One reason for that is because I've been off work for the past week, so I'm away from my normal routine life. However, I have been reading my friends' blogs and I have sure enjoyed hearing about your Christmas holidays. I only posted pictures of mine, but I have to say that I could not have asked for my Christmas to be any better than it was. The best part was to have my son and my daughter home with us and everything after that was just extra icing on the cake. This year I decided not to set my expectations too high, because I was afraid that if my expectations were too high about having a great Christmas, something might happen to disappoint me. We had plans, but I decided to focus on the real meaning of Christmas and if everything didn't turn out exactly the way we planned, it wouldn't be the end of the world. But everything went just as I wanted it. I got all the cooking done that I wanted to do; my son arrived home from up north in plenty of time to spend all our family get-togethers with us; the weather was cold for Christmas; we spent time with my husband's family and with mine. It was wonderful!

My daughter's boyfriend came to join us on Christmas Day, so it's always nice to get to know the guy she's dating a little better. I like him a lot and I really appreciate that he treats her like a lady. My son's girlfriend flew in from Pennsylvania the day after Christmas and has been spending a few days with us. Again, I'm glad to have the opportunity to get to know her and I'm also very pleased with his choice for a girlfriend. She's very sweet and beautiful, and is a committed Christian. I pray that both of my kids will follow the Lord's guidance with their relationships.

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. Psalm 25:1-2

5 comments:

Amel said...

You're right about expectations. One painful lesson I learnt when I moved to Finland was expecting too much from people he he he...

Anyway, glad to hear you could gather with your children and their girlfriend and boyfriend. Wish THE BEST for all of you for the coming year! :-))))

I think most people I know in the blogosphere have thrown off their routine during this holiday season he he he he...

stacys1175 said...

I also tend to set my expectations to high. and If something happens I get down about it.I tend to do this with everything I set out to do.
Anyway I'm so happy to hear you had a great Christmas and your children was able to be their:) you have a Happy New Year. hugs to you

bp said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas and everything went well for your family! It sounds like you're enjoying your kids being home.

Sandi said...

Kathy you said something that turned a light bulb on. Every year I have exspectations. Every year it seems I'm disappointed. This year, now that I look back, I didn't have any. I had one of the best Christmas' in along time.
Thanks for opening my eyes.

Stylin said...

Hi Kathy
You taught your children well and you let them go.It will amaze you how well you taught them !