Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Time is Here

Just like many other people, life for me at this time of year is getting busy with so much to do. I have chosen to make it fun and enjoyable and not to be stressed about it. I've decided that if everything doesn't get done or every present doesn't get bought, that's okay with me. I will enjoy Christmas time because it's not about me. Christmas is about Jesus and I don't believe he would want me putting all that other stuff ahead of him, including my blogging.

I had an unexpected blessing yesterday. When I turned on my cell phone yesterday morning, I had a text message from my son telling me that the band had some shows cancelled and a promoter of one venue did them wrong, so they were coming to our house for a couple of days. I was so excited and decided I would text him back and tell him how happy I was and how welcome they always are at our house and I couldn't wait for them to get home. However, my texting skills are sorely lacking so it took me about 10 minutes to respond by text message with my joyous message saying......"ok". That's it, two little letters was all I could get done and still make it to work on time. He immediately texted me back with a nice long message thanking me and telling me when they'd be here and so on. I don't know how these young people do it! But they got here and we had fun getting to hang out with them last night. I hope to cook dinner for them tonight. They'll keep my home computer busy so I won't get to use it much for a couple of days. That's fine with me, I'm just glad to have my boy and my other boys home!

9 comments:

Sandi said...

I always say the fuller the house the more fun to be had. Have a great visit.

Juliana said...

I am happy for you that your sons come home for Christmas, Kathy.

When you have time and you want, I have simple tag for you. Check it out at :

http://julianarw.blogspot.com/2007/12/what-did-year-2007-mean-for-you.html

Holly said...

yay! i know momma was glad to have her baby boy home :) he is very lucky to have a mom like you that invites all those boys over and cook for them!!!

bp said...

I can read the excitement in your post! I hope you enjoy your time together. I bet they'll enjoy home cookin'!

matt said...

I'm ready to go home.

Amel said...

You got your priorities right, Kathy! I'm HAPPY to hear about this NICE surprise he he he he...

Learning to use a new technology always takes time. I remember when I first started using my first ATM card a few years ago. I was literally shaking 'coz I didn't want to do something wrong or stupid HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

ENJOY being with the boys!!!!!!

Kathy said...

Sandi, in the past year, I have learned to have that same attitude. Having a lot of people at my house used to make me nervous, but now I can't think of anything better! And with these guys, you don't have to worry about everything being cleaned up, because with all their stuff (sleeping bags, laptops, cell phones, laundry, etc...) it looks really messy the whole time they're here.

Juliana, I am surely enjoying him being home. I'll try to get to this tag when the guys are gone.

Holly, thanks, that's a sweet thing to say! I cooked spaghetti and meatballs -- they seemed to enjoy it.

BP, I really am excited. It was so cute to see my husband that day when he got home and had no idea the band was coming. He was so happy and hugging all of them.

Matt, you mean like home to mom? I bet she's ready too!

Amel, yes, technology scares me because I can't seem to stay caught up with it. I liked my old cell phone so much better. I don't need all this stuff on a phone that this new one does.

Amel said...

HEY, I have an old mobile as well. No colour, no nothing, no fuss. I also don't like changing mobiles or gadgets 'coz then I have to learn from scratch again how A, B, C works.

Sindi said...

I am sooooooo Happy to read that you got to spend some time with your son. I have been very busy but your blog is the first I came to see. Reading that just put a big smile on my face. Merry Christ+mas Kat and Blessings to all your family.