Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Favorites

Yesterday during my lunch break, I walked around and took some pictures. I thought it would be nice to share some pictures of things I like about my hometown. I will do that either tonight or tomorrow. But until then, this is one of my favorite passages in the Bible. I remember memorizing this chapter in public school when I was a senior in high school. It was actually in my literature book. Amazing! Memorizing Bible verses in public school! I usually read from the New International Version but I just love this one in the King James Version.

Psalm 121
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

4 comments:

Frasier said...

I love that psalm and think of it when we pass by some great scenery

Sindi said...

Just beautiful :) I just love reading your blogs and seeing the the world through your eyes.

Amel said...

WOW!!! Love the verses. THANKS for sharing! ;-D

Anonymous said...

You have been tagged for The Personal Development List. I would love for you to participate. (There is a button on my side bar that will connect you to the list, if you need more details).