Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So You Had a Bad Day

Do you ever feel like you just want to go and bury your head in the sand somewhere to block out the world? Does life ever throw situations your way that you have absolutely no control over? Do you ever wish so bad that you could back up the clock a few hours and change the way things happened? Do you ever get so discouraged with things that you are ready for the Lord to come back so you can just leave this world and all it's problems behind? I hate to admit it, but my answer is yes to all of the above. I try to be positive in my blog but right this minute I'm not feeling that way at all and just needed to vent. Sorry for burdening you with it. Why is it that when my kids have problems, it seems so much worse to me than if it was only me affected by the problem? It is so weird -- it's like I feel what they feel.......on top of what my own feelings are. Are all mothers this way?

After some time has passed...
Okay, I feel a little better now, so I'll write about the flowers we planted in the early summer. We usually plant vincas because they like a lot of sun and we have good success with them. However, this summer, all we had was sun. All sun and no rain for such a long time didn't make pretty flowers. They didn't grow much and they didn't bloom. Some of them perished. The ones that survived became dependent on whatever water we could give them, but they still didn't bloom. Finally one day it started to rain, and we had several days with some good rains and even a few thunderstorms. Can you guess what happened to the flowers after getting their water from rain? They have now started growing and blooming into the beautiful flowers that God intended them to be. It took some rain and storms mixed in with the good weather to make them what they were meant to be -- beautiful flowers.


I like for my life to always have fair weather and sunny days. I like for everything to flow along smoothly without any problems. I don't like problems, especially the ones that I can't control and can't fix. I especially don't like it when my kids have problems. But at some point the problems do come. When the problems come I become more and more dependent on God. I grow more during these times than at any other time because I seek the Lord and his guidance with my whole heart. So, I guess the problems that come my way are like the rain that was necessary for my flowers to grow and bloom. I guess maybe God is growing me into the beautiful person that he meant for me to be. I'm not there yet; He's still got a lot of work to do on me. I don't want the problems, the storms of life. But I know I'll have them sometimes so I need to always remember that the "little flowers never worry when the wind begins to blow."



Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (KJV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:3-5

9 comments:

Amel said...

Hey, no worries about ranting. That's what the blogosphere is for. ;-D Nobody can survive by bottling up their feelings inside.

I don't know about motherhood, but I know what you mean. It's far better for me also to face all the problems I can get rather than watch someone we love experience those problems.

I LOVE the way you end this post, though. Indeed we all need the rain and storms though we "hate" them when they come our way...Great verse as the ending, too! ;-D

THANKS for sharing and hope your kids' problems will make them stronger and wiser. ;-D

Kathy said...

I hope so, too, Amel! It's so hard to have to watch your kids learn lessons the hard way, but I know it is for their best. I am going in to add another verse at the end of this because I just now found it. I knew it was in the Bible, but couldn't remember where.

Frasier said...

Hi Kathy
I am going through that mood too!!
Sometimes I want to bask in that gloom for a while !I' ll come back when I cheer up to read the neaxt half of your post!

Bound4Glory said...

All those questions you asked at the beginning? We ALL feel that way, sometimes...I think Christians think we shouldn't feel that, so we don't talk about it. But, by voicing it, we can be such an encouragement to others, because it reminds us that we are NOT alone, and we're gonna make it through!

And, yes, I think MOST moms are affected more than their kids' problems than by their own...but this is just a little glimpse of how God must feel when WE have a problem. He wants so bad for us to just come in, sit down, tell Him about it, and let Him help...but we don't always do that.

Hmmm...I might have the beginnings of a blog posting here!!

Amel said...

LOVE the other verse!!!! It truly strengthens me. ;-D

Kathy said...

Frasypoo, you are so funny! I hope you've cheered up by now!

Bound4glory, thank you for the encouragement. I am glad to know that other people feel this way sometimes also. I'm just glad I have the Lord in my life to help me through things. Don't know what I'd do without him.

Karen said...

Hi ! Blog party ! Please come !

Missy said...

Kathy - venting is a good thing. It is a way to encourage others who are dealing with some of the same things. It helps to know you aren't the only one going through those times. I have been there so many times and kept quiet.

Thank you for sharing your heart!

Nina said...

Ooh, just saw this. Sorry you had a bad day. Kathy I absolutely know what you mean about the pain mothers feel when their children have problems. My son has gone through times when others have hurt him, people he thought of as friends. The physical gut-wrenching pain I felt for him was so much worse than I have ever felt when I was the one with the problem. It hasn't happened with the girls yet, but I think it's just because they haven't been in this ugly world long enough yet. I'm glad you're feeling better.