As Christians, we carry the name of Christ wherever we go. In my way of thinking, anyone who is a Christian should be someone who is always striving to do right in every aspect of life. We are given power to do right by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Of course every one of us makes mistakes and we all mess up sometimes, but really the norm should be that we are always trying to do what is right. Christians should be the best citizens, the best employees and the best role models, as well as the most pleasant people to be around. Unfortunately, though, this isn't always the case. Here are just a few things that I think we should do.
1. Christians should work. Not necessarily both the husband and the wife, but whatever it takes to cover the expenses of the household. If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 1 Timothy 5:8
2. Christians should obey the laws of the land. Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. Romans 13:1-2
3. Christians should pay their bills and pay their taxes. ...Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?... ...Then Jesus said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." And they were amazed at him. Mark 12:14, 17
4. Christians should be good employees. As employees, we should be the hardest workers at our jobs. We should be the ones who give 100% when we are being paid to work, the ones who are consistently on time to work, the ones who can control our anger, the ones who don't participate in gossip (easier said than done!) and the ones who are just nice people. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,.....It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24.
5. Christians should be kind and polite to other people. A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1. For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 1 Peter 2:15.
I hope that everyone who reads this list finds it to be basic common sense for Christians, but there may be some new Christians who haven't learned yet.
Free Christmas book
8 hours ago