Thursday, September 6, 2007

River breezes and Symphony picnics

I am thankful that the weather here has cooled down a bit, even though we are still having some hot days. But today is really nice with some clouds and a breeze with 83 degrees at noontime. My job is located in an ideal place with direct access to a lovely riverfront. The city has fixed it up so beautifully making it a peaceful place to go during lunch breaks. Today during my lunch I walked down to the river to enjoy the scenery of the placid waters and the cool breezes blowing. It's always fun to look into the water and see turtles, fish and even once a snake. Some of my co-workers like to take bread or fruit and feed the turtles. A few days ago I was reading my book under the gazebo when the breeze blew my bookmark into the river. I chose not to jump in to get it since I had to get back to work. I probably would have made the same choice even if I didn't have to go back to work.

This week I haven't really blogged about anything deeply spiritual or meaningful. I'm just enjoying the little blessings in life. The perfect ending to this day would be if hubby will take me to the park tonight to listen to the symphony and have a picnic. If he doesn't want to go, I'll have to remind him that I went to the baseball game with him last week.

from Psalm 98...
Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things...
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music...
Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy; let them sing before the Lord.

5 comments:

Frasier said...

Thats a beautiful thought Kathy!

My best friend is moving to Columbus,GA and its going to be minutes away from my grandmother-in-law at Phenix city,Ala.I am so excited about it.
The best fried chicken in the world is found in Alabama !!

Missy said...

When I was in San Antonio in April, that was the best part of the day. The hotel I was in was on the Riverwalk but away from the main area. It was very peaceful and quiet.

Karen said...

Hi Kathy ! I was wondering if you have an email address that I can send an email to ? Wanted to invite you to be a writer.

Amel said...

Hey, it's GREAT that you work near such a lovely place!

So, did you finally get to the park with your husband? ;-D

GREAT verses! Make me feel like jumping in joy, too! ;-D

Kathy said...

Frasypoo, wow, I know you're excited about that. Yes, I remember my mom's fried chicken when I was growing up - I never quite got the hang of making it though!
Strawberry, I talked to my son a couple of days ago and he told me that recently when his band was in San Antonio a friend provided them a hotel room on the riverwalk. He said it was really nice!
Karen, there is a link to my email in my profile -- just click above on "kathy" to get to my profile.
Amel, I love those verses too! So much that I wrote a song using them and some others from that chapter. We didn't go to the park -- I was too tired after work :(