Sunday, September 23, 2007

Can You See?

I went to my class at church tonight and as I walked in the teacher said, "Hi Kathy." So, I sat down across from a lady I had not seen in a few years and I waved to her, then I started talking to someone else. But I could hear the lady across from me asking someone which Kathy it was sitting across from her. I was confused -- did she not remember me? Then she told me that she had lost most of her sight a few years ago and she is now considered legally blind. I was glad she told me because I didn't even know, and I wasn't able to tell just by looking at her. I did notice then that she had on very thick glasses. It just made me start thinking about how precious my eyesight is. I can't even imagine losing my eyesight at this time of life. It would change everything. I feel so bad for this lady for having to change her entire life. But she seemed to have such a good outlook and attitude.

Sometimes we forget to be thankful for some of the greatest gifts, such as our five senses. We never know what tomorrow will bring.

The Lord said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Exodus 4:11

2 comments:

Amel said...

LOVE this post, Kathy! Indeed sometimes we take for granted the things we have.

Glad your teacher still has such a good outlook on life and positive attitude. ;-D

Kathy said...

Yes, Amel, we really do take things for granted sometimes and don't even realize it. I realized it last night when I found out this wonderful lady had lost her vision.
Thank you for reading my blog -- it means a lot to me!