Monday, September 10, 2007

Remembering

Today my mind is on the September 11 tragedy of six years ago. Yesterday afternoon I started watching some shows about it on the History channel, and I could not pull myself away. It is all still so unbelievable that something of this magnitude could actually happen right here in the United States of America. Sometime in the months following the attacks, I wrote a poem after hearing some of the survivor stories. It is not a great poetic work because I know nothing about poetry, but it is more along the lines of a song. It is called "The Light" with the light being Jesus. Tomorrow my post will be this poem.

My thoughts and prayers go out for those who were directly or indirectly affected by the 9/11 attacks on our country, and that includes our soldiers and their families. This is one of those things that we don't understand why God allowed to happen. But not understanding something will not make me turn away from God or be angry with him. We have to trust that his purposes are higher than our ability to understand, and that God does not make mistakes.

On a lighter note, I would like to say that in my seventh year at my job, effective tomorrow, I get a reserved parking spot. I'm so excited! I know that has nothing to do with anything, but now you know.

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Psalm 19:21

3 comments:

Amel said...

Ahhh...yeah, it's been years already. It felt like not song long ago. It's truly tragic indeed.

Well, true about God's will. I remember that some of the employees in the building failed to go to work on time due to a flat tyre or something. They must've cursed that "bad luck", but it turned out to be good luck. I guess if God wanted some of them to be alive, then He'd make them have a flat tyre or something. We'll surely never know what His purposes are.

YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY about your getting a reserved parking spot. That's GREAT! ;-D

LOVE the verse! :-))) And looking forward to reading your poem. ;-D

Lori said...

Thank you for the reminder to pray for those families.

Frasier said...

It was and still is a horrible day...started like every other day but ended like no other

Congrats on the parking spot