Friday, September 21, 2007

My Hometown

Here are the pictures I took Thursday during my lunch hour. There are other things in town that I hope to get some pictures of, but these were easy to do during a work day because they are close to my job.

This is the old train station building -- I love the architecture. It now has a visitor center, a restaurant and some offices.

This is the beginning of the tunnel that goes down to the riverfront. You just walk down through it, and it goes under the street and under the railroad tracks.

The next three pictures are different views of the riverfront.





Another part of the riverfront is the amphitheater where they have some good concerts. This part is at the top of the hill and looks down toward the stage.



The amphitheater


A giant fishing lure?

6 comments:

Stylin said...

Kathy,
Those pictures are beautiful,it looks so serene !
I have changed blogs
This is my new URL
http://frasypoosthisandthat.blogspot
Also the fashion and beautyblog are at a differant address
The fashion blog is at www.vintagebunny.blogspot.com

live love laugh hope said...

The old train station is a beautiful building! Nice pictures of the rest of your home town, as well.

Sandi said...

God's Beauty. It makes me what to come and explore.

Amel said...

WOW!!! GREAT pics!!!

LOVE the top of the hill pic and the amphitheatre!

It's awesome that you get to work near those places! WOW! ;-D

Sindi said...

It is so nice to see where you live and I am very glad you shared that with us. I would enjoy seeing more when you have the time to take more pictures.

Amel said...

Hi, Kathy, you're tagged. Check it out:

Personal Development List

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!!! I have an embarrassing story to tell tomorrow. ;-D