Monday, January 14, 2008

The Wrath of God

We love to talk about God's love, the joy of the Lord, the goodness of God, answered prayer and all the things that make us feel good. But not very often do you read a blog about the wrath of God. And as much as we don't like to think about that aspect of our God, it truly is scriptural. I listened to John McArthur's message, A Nation Abandoned by God, on the radio this morning. Focus on the Family aired this message and it was eye-opening to say the least. I won't say any more about it, but as you find the time, please click on the link, A Nation Abondoned by God, to listen to this broadcast. It is 30 minutes long and today's was only the first part. The second part will air tomorrow. Please, if you do take the time to listen, let me know your thoughts on this message!

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness. Romans 1:18

3 comments:

Amel said...

I'll go listen later. Just a quick visit before I go back studying Finnish. My new classes start tomorrow. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!

Btw, my priest in Bandung has often reminded us about this...the importance of knowing that God's wrath and the importance of listening to "hard" Biblical messages, not just enjoying the "porridge".

Amel said...

Hi, Kathy! Just listened to the radio and it was really something!!! I wanna hear the second part of it. THANKS for sharing! ;-D

bp said...

We were traveling today. I heard part of the second part today on the radio. I definitely want to hear the first part and the rest of what I didn't hear today. Very interesting! When I heard it come on I thought, ohhhhhh I hope this is the thing Kathy was talking about!