Monday, April 28, 2008

Walking Update

On March 12, I started a personal experiment of trying to walk 10,000 steps a day without changing my eating habits to see if I could lose a few pounds. You can read about it at "Losing Weight". I have done really well with increasing my daily exercise, and my husband has even joined in with me. It all started because I had an approaching doctor's appointment and I wanted to lose a few pounds before that time. I went for that appointment a week ago, and I got a good report -- I am very healthy! As far as the weight loss goes, I had lost four pounds in about six weeks. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I am only five feet tall, so each and every pound shows up on me. I am continuing to walk and am hoping to lose about five more pounds eventually. The doctor looked at his chart and said that my weight falls within the normal range and that I'm not overweight. That made me feel better, but I do still have my personal goal that I'd like to reach.

2 comments:

bp said...

Good job! Keep up your dedication!

sister sheri said...

Yeah for you! Perhaps you'll join me for some Mexican food to celebrate? hee hee