Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunrise

I was listening to the radio this morning and one line in a song stuck out to me. I can't remember the exact words but it said something like there would be no sunrise without a night. It made me start thinking about how beautiful the sunrise is. But there is no way we would get to experience the beauty and hope that comes each morning if there hadn't been a night of darkness before it. Life is like that sometimes. We have to sometimes go through experiences that are difficult -- like a long, dark night. While you're going through these things you feel like you'll never see the light of day again. But finally, like the sunrise, you come out on the other side and you can see the beauty of hope in the situation that once seemed hopeless. In the next two or three days, I would like to share with you a story of a long, dark night which actually lasted several years, and the beautiful sunrise of hope that followed.

....weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

5 comments:

Sandi said...

I know my sunrise is coming.

bp said...

How beautiful. I look forward to your story.

prin said...

That's sweet.

As a night owl, I'm the opposite. I love the sunsets as we drift into the peace of night. Even the dark times have their comforts. :)

I love how you write. :)

Kentucky Bound said...

What a beautiful picture. And oh, how true! Joy DOES come in the morning!

I'm looking forward to your story over the coming days.

Blessings!
Liz

Elizabeth Kelly said...

That is beautiful, as is your entire blog. If you get a chance I'd love for you to browse through mine

http://ekellyblog.blogspot.com/