Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Favorites

Today's post is dedicated to A Plea for Purging. I told my son the other day that I can't believe they have been doing this, touring, for as long as they have -- almost two years now! He said he couldn't believe it either. They've been featured in a couple of magazines and I picked out one of the articles as my favorite today. Read the review from HM Magazine. I would also like to list my favorite songs they do, starting with my very favorite as #1.

1. Slaying of the Serpantine Dragon
2. Death Has Been Swallowed Up in Victory
3. Resurrection of the Beast
4. While the Sparrow Sleeps
5. Hymn of Praise
6. Everything and Nothing

I love #6 "Everything and Nothing" because it has a few lines where all the guys sing together -- I mean real singing with a melody and everything! Here are the words the bro-choir sings.....
For your kingdom, for your glory
for your eyes to fall upon me.

2 comments:

Nina said...

It must be so great to read positive reviews of the band. I don't even know what a 'shred' is, but I'm glad theirs are sharp and succinct!

Kentucky Bound said...

How proud you must be that these guys are out there using their talents for the Lord!

Blessings!