Sunday, April 20, 2008

God Sees What We are Meant to Be

Last week, I posted my husband's story in his own words, about his battle with an illness that we thought was going to take his life. I wanted to say one more thing about that which he didn't include. That illness started in 1977 and I believe it was 1983 when he started to improve and was eventually able to get off all medication permanently. And now, in 2008, he has been able to work as a teacher for over 20 years, and he rarely even has to use any sick leave. He actually has enough built up right now to be able to retire a year and a half early. God is good, and he's worked a miracle in Eddie's life.

I noticed a line in a song by Matthew West today. The song is You Are Everything (click to listen), and that line says, "You're the one who looks at me and sees what I was meant to be." When our families and I looked at Eddie back then, we saw someone possibly without a future. But God saw the plans that he had for him to get well and to become everybody's favorite teacher. God saw the loving and supportive father that he was meant to be. The Bible says that nothing can separate us from the love of Christ -- not troubles, hardships, persecution, or anything else. No matter how bad things look sometimes, and no matter how much we mess up in our Christian lives, nothing can separate us from the love of God through Christ.

For I am convinced that neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38

4 comments:

bp said...

I'm so glad God has a plan, it gives me comfort to know that.

bp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Yes indeed! Your blog is so uplifting and encouraging. I'm ready to see what God has for me.

Thank you dear friend,

Lori

Amel said...

LOVE this post as usual. :-))) It strengthens me. ;-D