Saturday, July 14, 2007

Interstate exit ramp

This morning I had to drive my husband somewhere and it happened to be located in one of the least desirable parts of the city. When we took the exit ramp off the interstate, the light was red so we had to stop there. But there were two guys standing there, maybe wanderers or homeless, and as I watched them I realized that they were about to fight. They were yelling at each other and one of them held up his fist and I just knew he was about to hit the other one and then he would maybe fall right into my car or something. I cannot stand to see fights or blood or anything like that because it makes me queezy, so I was really frightened to see this going on at 7:30 in the morning right in broad daylight. So what did I do? I made a quick right turn just to get away from them even though I needed to turn left. And I went up the road a little way and turned around to go to my destination. I wonder what they were fighting over? Probably fighting over that spot by the exit ramp -- you know how they stand there with signs that say "Will work for food". Maybe it's a good spot that brings in lots of work! Or food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
I was reading through the 'Blogger Help Group' and discovered your blog. It's interesting so far - I'm sort of in the same boat, but I've decided to write it just about my life, with no specific topics.
http://angusss.blogspot.com -> that's my blog :)
would you mind if i placed a link to your blog on my blog?
cheerio
angus

Thomas / @5ifthproject said...

Kathy, I like your blog and will visit agin.

Anthony