Friday, July 6, 2007

Composing music

I had a day off work on the fourth of July and I really didn't want to go anywhere. Since it was only the one day in the middle of the week, I just wanted to stay home and not have to be somewhere. So, that's what we did and I actually got something accomplished that I've been wanting to do for a while. One of my favorite things to do when I'm off work is to get up early in the morning when no one else is up, and write new music. That seems to be the time of day when I'm most creative. So, on this holiday I got a piece of music finished that I had started in 2005.
In 2005, I had been on a trip to Germany and got the opportunity while there to ride the cable car thing up the Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany. This was one of the highlights of my trip because I had always wanted to visit the Alps. When I came home, I started writing this music which I was calling "Above the Alps - the Zugspitze", but I had never finished it. So, this is the music that I got to finish the other day while I was off work.
I love trying to write music and what I'd really like to do someday is to get the things I've written recorded. Most of my music is quiet and calming and it would make a good CD to use for relaxation and falling asleep. Hopefully, soon I will be able to get this done.

2 comments:

DtCtyGrl said...

I would love to hear your music!

Kathy said...

If I can figure out a way to get my music on here, I sure will so you can listen to it.