Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Chicago Cubs

It's funny how some days I can think of all kinds of things I want to write about in my blog and other days, like today, nothing comes to mind. So, I will just write about what my hubby is doing today.

It will help to know the background of his love for the Cubs. When he was a boy he had a baseball card of a guy that he really liked a lot and that guy played for the Chicago Cubs. I'm not positive but I think the player's name was Randy Hundley. So ever since then Eddie has been a faithful follower of Cubs Baseball and he has always wanted to have the opportunity to see them play in their home stadium, Wrigley Field.

So last night we were just sitting in our den and he said, "What would you think about me going to the Cubs game tomorrow?" In my mind I'm thinking, you just want to run up to Chicago for the day, watch a ballgame and then come back -- how much is this going to cost??? But out loud I said, "Sure, I would love for you to." So, he got on the internet and ordered his ticket first. Then, he checked for flights and found one leaving Birmingham at 7:25 a.m. which meant he would need to leave home around 4:30 a.m. And that is exactly what he did! He called me a little while ago and he was at his destination,
Wrigley Field in Chicago. My only regret is that I was not able to be there with him. He was so excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the things I really want to do in life, is to go to an overpacked baseball game in America. I hardly know anything about baseball, we sometimes play softball at school, but that's not the real deal.