I saw this on Live Out Loud's blog, thought it was very interesting and decided to give it a try myself. It's 8 random facts about me that you may not already know. You can try it, too, if you'd like. If you have a blog, you're supposed to post a list yourself, but if you don't, feel free to leave it in the comments or email me. Either way, it's a fun idea.
1. I have three sisters, one older than me and two younger. No brothers. The other middle sister and I look like dad, and the oldest and youngest look like mom.
2. I love snow-skiing in Colorado, though I've only been there twice -- once when I was 20 and once when I was 40. I also went to ski in West Virginia once.
3. I don't like tomatoes, but I love salsa.
4. Sunsets and sunrises are a couple of my favorite things in the world. To me, sunsets represent peace and sunrises represent hope.
5. My job requires me to work in three different buildings three times each day. I walk down the street to each one and have to be prepared for all kinds of weather conditions.
6. I got married on a Friday night in 1980; a favorite TV show at that time was "Dallas"; my wedding guests complained that I had my wedding on the night they were supposed to find out who shot J.R.
7. I sunbathed too much as a teenager and young adult -- the result was a melanoma skin cancer found in my early 30's. Thankfully, it was in the early stages and was removed. I still have to get checked out by a dermatologist once a year to make sure it hasn't returned.
8. I don't wear a diamond ring because I don't have one. I lost the diamond from my engagement ring during the first couple years of marriage, so he bought me a whole new ring. Then I lost that whole ring on a cold day when it slipped off my finger.
Free Christmas book
2 hours ago