Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm Good at Math

A while back I did a post called Feeling Inadequate (just click on that title if you want to read it). Well, that bridal tea I was helping with was yesterday. My job was to do a fruit tray, and as easy as that sounds, I was really stressing over it. So what I ended up doing was buying a great big custom-made fruit tray at Publix, and then I arranged it on a pretty silver tray and had some fruit dip in the center. One of the other ladies helped me arrange it and I was very pleased with how it looked. But here's the good part....while we were setting things up and getting ready for the shower, someone asked who was good with numbers (math) because we had to settle up on the money part of it because one lady had spent a lot more than anyone else by buying the gift from the hostesses. Every lady was saying, not me, not me, so I told them that I'm good with math and could figure it up. And I told them I'm a lot better with math than with decorating and they were all so happy not to have to do the math. It felt so good to have something that I could do well and felt comfortable with. It really did help my feelings of inadequacy! And I actually enjoyed the shower and visiting with everyone. The bride was so appreciative that it made it worth all the trouble.

...God has arranged the parts of the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 1 Corinthians 12:18-20

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I often wish I was better in math...my husband is very good at it. It is a good thing!!

bp said...

I was remembering that the shower was this weekend and wondered if you were going to tell us about it. I'm glad you were pleased with the tray and were able to use one of your gifts for numbers to help out.

Nina said...

See there! And as a follow-up to my comment on your earlier post about the bridal shower, can I just say that being good at math is a way more useful gift than decorating? :)

Sandi said...

Glad to hear you had a good time. As you learned there is alway a job available that some one will be good at something.

sister sheri said...

Wow! What a great lesson at understanding our true worth in a situation...

Amel said...

I'm HAPPY to hear this, Kathy. It's nice that everything went out smoothly and you could really help out in something that you excel in. ;-D

Kay Day said...

Great!
God makes us all the way we are for a reason!