Sunday, November 4, 2007

Time Change

This morning my phone rang around 8:15 and it was my daughter calling. In her "just woke up" voice she said, "Pumpkin (she calls me Pumpkin -- don't know why), I'm so confused....what time is it really?" I told her it was 8:15 and asked if her cell phone didn't automatically change times, and she said no, it didn't. But the other clocks in her house were right because she set them last night. So I told her to try turning it off and back on to see if it would change then. Next, in her "just woke up / whiney" voice she said, "I don't know what to wear to church....my legs aren't shaved and they are so hairy." I wish all the problems my kids brought to my attention were as easy to solve as that one!

I think what she was really doing was calling to let me know that she was up and planning to go to church and she just wanted to make sure I knew it.

Since technology has made its way into the church, my pastor has started loving to use short video clips at the end of his sermons sometimes. This morning he did one about what if our Bible was as important to us as our cell phone. It really brought out some good points and I wish I had the video he used but I don't. I found one on You Tube with the same message though. Think about it...


6 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Kathy,

Great post! I just loved this video. How can I send this out to my friends, (as an email?)

Hope you have a great week!

Susan

Sandi said...

Love the post I think I'm going to us it too on my post. This is an important message.

Kathy said...

Hi Susan, I am glad you enjoyed the video. To send it as an email, watch it all the way through again, and at the end you will see something that says "Embed" or "URL". Embed sends the video, and URL sends a link to the video. Click on "copy to clipboard" and then paste it into your email. That's all you do. Hope it works for you!

Hi Sandi, that sounds like a great idea. This is a message that Christians need to hear! Thanks!

Amel said...

WOW!

Great video!!! It makes me think hard...

Kathy said...

Amel, Glad you liked it! I thought it was really a good one.

matt said...

Thats funny, my phone didn't change either. So I work up an hour early for church. I made cinnamon rolls while a waited. A part of my childhood that I miss dearly.