Life used to be so simple. I miss the good ole days back when......
1. ...I knew how to work my cell phone -- just dial a number and talk.
2. ...we watched movies on videotape using a VCR -- just pop it in, hit play and watch the movie.
3. ...people listened to music on C.D.'s using a Walkman.
4. ...AOL was synonymous with internet, and using dial-up at 9:00 p.m. took several tries before you could connect. It was so exciting when you finally made that connection!
5. ...you could call a business and a real human being would answer the phone.
6. ...my computer had Windows 3.1 -- all the icons looked the same.
Okay, so I'm really only being facetious about all this because those good old days were really in the not-so-distant past. And even the things I mentioned as being in the old days were things that have been invented during my adult life. When I was growing up I never would have believed that one day everyone would have computers in their homes and everyone would carry cell phones all the time. It is so amazing how much technology is out there and how quickly it changes. I can't even keep up with it anymore. I really do miss my old cell phone that was so simple. This new one I was forced to get (because my husband lost the old one) drives me crazy -- I keep accidentally taking horrible pictures of myself because I'm looking into it and trying to find the power switch but I hit the camera switch instead. And let me just say, I am DVD challenged. I'm not sure why, maybe it's just because with my "over 40" eyesight I can't see the remote very well and my reading glasses are always somewhere else. I don't even have an IPOD yet, though I know if I had one I could learn to use it if I wanted to. And, truthfully, I really don't miss the dial-up AOL days or Windows 3.1 at all! Cable modem is the way to go! (or is there something newer than cable modem out now that I'm not aware of?)
With all these changes that are constantly taking place, I am so thankful to know that there is one thing that never changes and never will. God is the same yesterday, today and forever and his Word remains for all time.
1 Peter 1:24-25
For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever."
Heart on the Line
2 days ago