Thursday, August 9, 2007

Attitude

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past ... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our Attitudes." Charles Swindoll

I love this quote by Charles Swindoll. It is so true. You can make a choice every morning when you start your day about what kind of attitude you will have. Everything will not always go the way you want it to go, but the way you choose to react to the things that happen is what shows your true character. "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

7 comments:

Simon said...

Great quote. Thanks for sharing.

Amel said...

YYYYEEESSSS!!! I AGREE COMPLETELY HE HE HE HE...Let's not become "victims" of life, but let's be in charge of our own actions. ;-D

Anonymous said...

hello kathy,

i ve replied to your comments left on my blog. just in case i m posting them out here again for you:

Payperpost: How do I add a new blog?

Log in and go to the ‘my blogs’ tab. Scroll to the bottom of your current blog(s) and select the Add a Blog link. You must have 10 approved posts on an approved blog before you add another blog.

Good day.
Srik.

Kathy said...

Thanks guys, for all your comments. I've already had to remember this quote today to keep my reactions to things in order!

Frasier said...

Hi Kathy
That was a great post and so relevant to all of us !I wont let my husband read it ,he may want to paste it on my mirror so I would see it!!
Thanks for dropping by my blog,my husband loved the awapuhi by Paul Mitchell but hates paying that price so I may get him a bottle of Suave!!
Thanks

Missy said...

Kathy - this is a great post! For years, that is what we told our children about their attitudes and reactions.

Kathy said...

Frasy, that is funny -- I do have it posted up on my refrigerator. Sometimes I have to remember to practice what I preach!
Strawberry, I've tried so hard to teach this to my daughter also. That's the reason it's on my frig.