Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Plea for Purging

There is a music festival called Cornerstone going on in Bushnell, Illinois. That's where A Plea for Purging is this week. I suppose you could compare Cornerstone to Woodstock, except that it's for Christian rock bands. My son and the guys in A Plea for Purging love going to this festival and look forward to it all year long. They will get to play several times this week and hopefully pick up some new fans, sell some merchandise, and tell some people about Jesus. Here is a list of the bands that will be playing there. I looked through the list and saw a couple of pretty famous names on there like David Crowder Band, Hawk Nelson, and Skillet, plus some others I have heard of. My nephew's band, Fall Empire Fall from Tampa, is also playing. Some other bands playing there have stayed at my house at different times and I would like to mention them -- Burden of a Day, Gwen Stacy, Once Nothing, With Blood Comes Cleansing, and there may be some others but I can't remember them all. But it is always an honor to wake up, leave my house for work and have to step over all the band guys sleeping on my den floor.

A Plea for Purging is on the Facedown Records label. I wish the guys a great week and some good times with all their friends!

2 comments:

bp said...

Sounds fun! I hope they enjoy their time and gain some new fans too as they share about Jesus.

Ross said...

Love Plea, hate Cornerstone. I know, it's almost like blasphemy in some circles. But camping in the dust and heat and/or rain and mud, walking forever to get to anywhere, getting no sleep, eating out of cans, being surrounded by thousands of people trying to out-crazy one another and show how counter-culture they can be, did I mention zero sleep? Great event, just not for me!