Thursday, March 12, 2009

One Year of Walking!

A year ago today I posted about Losing Weight. I made this statement within the post - "I really believe if I can start walking 10,000 steps a day, I should lose a few pounds without changing my eating. I guess this will be an experiment to see if it works." Well, here I am one year later and 10 pounds lighter. It worked! I was able to lose the 10 pounds without having to give up food, but only by increasing my exercise. I have continued my walking even though it was hard to do through the winter because it was already dark when I got home from work. But now the days are longer, plus we have daylight savings time so I can walk my two miles when I get home from work. I plan to keep walking and I hope to keep the 10 pounds off.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Way to go Kathy! WooHoo!

bp said...

Good job!! Thanks for updating on that.

Do you count your steps now or minutes of exercise or both?

Kathy said...

I don't really count my steps anymore unless I'm doing the treadmill. I just have a certain route I walk that I know is about 2 miles. And at work I try to walk about 10 minutes on my morning and afternoon breaks. All of it along with whatever walking I do throughout the day adds up to 10,000 steps or more.

sister sheri said...

Congratulations! You are an encouragement!

Amel said...

WOW!!! CONGRATS!!! This week I have to start walking to and from school since it's getting too slippery to ride my bike. :-)))

Sandi said...

Good for you. You should be proud I know how hard it is to commit to walking.

Lori said...

Hi Kathy,

I had a few minutes and thought I'd visit some of my blogging friends. How are you? I pray all is well with you.

Lori

tercüme said...

thank you so much nice post