Thursday, May 22, 2008

Divine Design

What a great week it's been having A Plea for Purging and Jake at my house! It used to bother me that I am not a neat freak about my house, and I wished that I cared more about having a perfectly clean house all the time. But no matter how much I wanted to be that way, it just isn't in my nature to get all upset when the house gets messy. And now I have come to realize that God had a purpose in creating me the way He made me. It was by divine design that things can be messy and it doesn't bother me. God already knew that I was going to be having a bunch of guys staying at my house from time to time, and if I had been a neat freak, I wouldn't have been able to handle the sleeping bags laying around the floor, the luggage sitting around, unmade beds, laptops and cell phones plugged in everywhere, and towels hanging around. What I always thought was a flaw in my personality, I now see as a gift from my Creator for the purpose of doing what He created me to do. It has been a blessing to me and my husband having these guys stay at our house.

Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Romans 12:13

6 comments:

bp said...

It just touched me to read your blog today. Thank you. I feel like I can really relate to that.

Kentucky Bound said...

Thank you for that gentle reminder!

Blessings!

Liz

Amel said...

I'm also not a neat freak like yourself, so I should also remember that this can be a positive sign hi hi hi...

HAVE a BLESSED weekend, Kathy! ;-D I've got WONDERFUL news: I passed the national Finnish test that we went through about 1,5 months ago. YIIPPIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! ;-D

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Sadly..I can be a neat freak! Having five children has curred me of a lot of that..but I still have to remind myself off and on that the kids will not remember my clean house..but they will remember the time I spent with them!

sister sheri said...

Wow! That has a lot of truth to it, doesn't it! Thanks for sharing!