Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Faith, Family and Friends (Part 1)

Since I am new to blogging, I haven't completely decided what I want to write about or what I want my focus to be. It will have to be about something that I have knowledge about, so that rules out almost everything. I can't write about politics or current events because I'm just not intelligent enough to write about those things. The only things I know a lot about are my life, music, and the Bible, and I still have so much to learn about the Bible. And with technology changing almost every single day, I still have a lot more to learn about music. So, for now, I'll just talk about my life.


FAITH -- My faith in Jesus Christ is the most important thing in my life and everything else in my life revolves around my faith. I believe that Jesus is the son of God. He lived a sinless life and was crucified to make atonement for the sins of man. He rose from the dead the third day. This was God's gift to mankind to make a way, the only way, for us to have forgiveness of our sins and be able to have eternal life in heaven with God. We have to believe this and accept the gift God has given. There is nothing we can do to save ourselves because Jesus Christ has already done it. But we do have to believe. Read John 3:16.


My faith affects every aspect of my life and I cannot separate it from the other parts of my life. It doesn't mean that I go around quoting Bible verses to everyone I meet or kneeling in prayer at work, but it does make me a better person. For example, I believe that I am a better employee at my jobs because the Bible says that I should work as if I'm working for the Lord -- "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24. When I read this verse, it makes me want to be the best employee I can be because I want God to be glorified in everything that I do.




No comments: